The Dualist accepts papers on all topics of philosophical interest. Essays written for classes, honors theses, and independent work are welcome, however, they should contain original work - not responses to prompts or analysis that does not establish a new position. Multiple submissions are allowed. You may submit to multiple journals, however, you may accept publication at only one journal.
Please read all the submission requirements carefully. We cannot guarantee that your paper will be read if you do not follow these requirements
- Submissions deadline for this year: March 1, 2014
- Please submit papers to The.Dualist@gmail.com
- You must be an undergraduate. (We accept papers from graduating seniors.)
- We accept papers from undergraduates of any university.
- Essays should be 10 to 30 pages in length. (We will not accept essays over 30 pages.)
- Please submit an electronic copy of your essay to the editorial board. You may submit only in .doc format.
- You are NOT required to submit paper copies of your essay, however, if you think that a paper copy is the only way to ensure the correct presentation of your paper, you may submit two copies to
Department of Philosophy
Stanford, California 94305-2155
- Author contact information MUST be on a separate sheet in a separate file. Please do not include author information on the individual pages of the submitted paper.
- We do not have any strict rules regarding the specific citation style in paper submissions, but please include all necessary citations in one of the APA, MLA, or Chicago styles.
- We make every effort to notify submitting authors promptly about their publication status. However, due to the high volume of papers we process, we do not confirm that we have received papers, only whether or not they will be published. Please e-mail the editorial board with any submission questions.
- Authors are encouraged to submit only one paper. However, up to three papers may be submitted from one author.